Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pretty Good Week

It's interesting, I made the statement on vent the other day that now I feel more comfortable in my Holy spec than in my Retribution spec.  I suppose that's a good thing, but I still don't feel confident enough to just waltz into anywhere and heal my way through it.  I'm certainly better off than I was months or even weeks ago, but I still have a lot to learn.

This past week was actually a lot of fun!  Hedir, an old friend of the guild came back to the game (just to play casually) and it's great to have him back.  He is the paladin who helped me understand more about my Retribution spec when I was just barely 80, and he has always been a great person to have around.  He's playing a shaman named Jynzo this time around, and his brother, Vanadin, is playing a Holy Priest.  Nice to have both these guys on board.  Also this week, with the trial of the cross-server partying option still going on, we were able to group with some other friends, like Kitain, who has been a pal of mine since my college days.  She's pretty easy-going, and has been stuck in a comatose guild for a while now.  Server transferrrrrrr!  And of course, the lovely Fhina and her husband joined us for our tumultuous first run through Zul'Gurub...

Ah, Zul'Gurub.  I enjoyed it pre-Cataclysm, and now it's a thorn in my side.  The new Troll Heroics are certainly not easy, and I like the idea that if you are standing in shit, you will die, and there's not a whole hell of a lot your healers can do about it.  It forces everyone to be more self-aware, and I like that.  Our first run through was not easy.  I had been in ZG before and done all right, but I was DPS, not a healer, so it really was a whole new experience for me.  We did complete the run, but we wiped at least 12 times, and I was so angry that I became quite upset with myself, and didn't communicate with my team.  We actually stopped right before Jin'do the Godbreaker and picked it up again the next day, it was so bad.  What's funny about those kind of situations is that the lessons you learn are not easily forgotten.  I am trying very hard now NOT to be a pain in the ass on vent when faced with adversity, as I think my attitude and personal shortcomings had a LOT to do with our repeated failures.

Next week's goals are to finish my PVP set and get into Baradin Hold.  The last couple times I have been in PUGs as DPS, people end up ignoring Occu'thar's eyeballs and standing in the Focused Fire.  -.-'  Must get this fight under control.

0 comments:

Post a Comment