Friday, June 24, 2011

Crepuscular Veil, An Apology, & Combat Logs.

So, apparently I need to know the fights I'm walking into a bit better.  For instance:  went into normal mode Blackrock Caverns the other day with my two guildies, Fallenjack and Omnitek.  Went through the majority of it pretty well, though I realize that positioning and LOS (line of sight) issues are something I need to be aware of a bit more.  We got to the very last boss, and I was damn near frantic trying to figure out how the hell to heal my tank and the DPS who was kiting the adds when it seemed as though NONE of my heals seemed to be doing a whole hell of a lot.  *sigh*  Come to find out, something that I was never aware of as DPS was causing my panic: The adds were casting Crepuscular Veil (healing effects are reduced by 24% for 4 seconds).  o,o  Well shit, I've even kited the extra mobs and I never even payed any attention to that, and never had any problems with it either.

I'd like to take a moment to apologize to anyone who has ever had to heal my oblivious ass.

So, suffice to say, I'm becoming more aware of things that I need to do, especially as a healer, but in general as well.

On top of that, we were running combat logs, and to my dismay, my overheals were absurd (>50%).  So, I also need to be more aware of who I'm healing when, rather than wasting ridiculous amounts of mana.  "You need to remember that you have a TANK to heal before anyone else," my GM's words of wisdom on the situation.  Hopefully, the next runs will be more smooth and less panic-y.

0 comments:

Post a Comment