Saturday, August 27, 2011

Baleroc, You A Bitch.

Last night I was asked to heal a friend's Firelands run.  It went pretty well for the most part!

Trash has become pretty easy for most people, it seems, and we ripped through the trash and headed of to Beth'tilac.  First off, when I did Firelands before, when I did Beth'tilac, it was my first time, and when I was sent topside, I noobed it up so bad, they had an Enhancement Shaman fill that role and I stayed down below.  Quite mortifying, because there was only two people up there and I was having trouble healing them?!?  -.-'  But this time around, when I was sent up, I did pretty well!  I stuck to my rotations and was spot on when it come to going up and down.  I'm super proud of myself on that personal victory.

Shannox was kind of interesting, and despite charging in a bit early before the raid leader had fully explained the strategy, Shannox was fairly easy.  I must name my next dogs "Rageface" and "Riplimb."

BALEROC.  That sonofabish.  Now, having only done the previously mentioned bosses once, Baleroc is a new one for me.  I had read up on the fight and watched a couple videos, but I still struggled with switching between the tanks and the person who had the shard debuff.  Kind of maddening.  This was most likely due to the lack of communication on vent between the healers.  There were three of us (Priest, Druid, Paladin), and the Priest didn't say a daaaaaamn thing at all.  The Druid seemed to have his mute button on, so we didn't hear anything from him until after we wiped three times.  *sigh*  Plus, I need to get over the fact that this fight will have me on the lower end of mana and I just have to deal with it.  I am far better at not panicking when it comes to moments like that, but I still get tense when my mana alerts are going off constantly.  I need to definitely look for more pointers on how to heal this encounter.

This weekend, I'm off to Black Temple for old-school tier gear!  Also hopefully going to spend some time with Wildmoon and level my little Shadow Priest.  Drinking and leveling alts, that's part of an awesome weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment